A brief history about the
Edmonton, Yukon & Pacific Railroad

The Edmonton Yukon & Pacific, or E Y &P, was the first railway built in Edmonton.
It began on the south side in 1902 and by 1906 crossed the river on the Low Level Bridge.
This bridge is used today for automobile traffic. The track ran as far west as 123 St. and Stony Plain Road.

The EY & P Railroad operated passenger trains until 1926 and finally ceased all operations in 1951.

The track was still a spur line until the early 1970's.

More detailed information will added later.

Back To Home